Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you went a couple of days without your phone, technology, the internet, and other people? Well, Julian and Sorhan set out to find out by doing a silent retreat.
In this episode, Julian and Sorhan highlight some of the most valuable lessons and actionable takeaways that they got from doing a silent retreat.
They will explain what a silent retreat is, why they did it, some observations of what happens to the mind when it is in complete isolation, and finally, they’ll leave you with some actionable takeaways so that you can minimize distractions and further your journey of self discovery.
- Regardless of how well you think you know who you are, you have only scratched the surface of an infinite depth.
- Silence creates a portal to the hidden depths of your psyche.
App Recommendations to minimize Distractions
- Forrest (iOS & Android)
- Moment (iOS)
- Stay Focused (Android)
An unexamined life is not worth living.– Socrates
Take some time for yourself today and journal on some of these questions:
- Who am I really? What are my strengths and weaknesses?
- What are my most important values and what rules do I have to meet those values (what needs to happen for my values to be met)?
- If everything in my life was exactly the way I wanted it to be, an ideal life, what would that look like (every single detail)?
- What are my lifetime goals, my greatest aspirations? Why are those things important to me?
- Who are the type of people I need to surround myself with to support the life I want to live, the person I want to become, and what I want to achieve?
- What is my purpose in life? What makes me feel fulfilled and fully alive? Why?
- What is an area of my life I am not happy with? Why?
- What will my life look like in 10 years?
- What has gone wrong when I have failed to achieve what I dreamed?
Book Recommendations: Deep Work, Indistractable
Leave a Reply